The popular Airfields Directory is also available in an electronic format. It complements the book version for more up-to-date information. It is interactive and provides the facility to send comments and updated information straight to other pilots and users of the software.
This Electronic Airfields Directory contains an extensive collection of airfields in Africa: licensed; unlicensed; registered or not; farm and lodge strips; helipads, as well as microlight, bush, and other emergency landing strips. The Electronic Airfields Directory will continually grow through an automatic updating system and offers some great features, such as:
- Search and filtering options;
- Photographs and/or diagrams;
- Airfield contact details;
- Airfield, lodge and tourist attractions with web links;
- Direct email to submit notes and updates;
- Tips from pilots about airfields;
- Distance measuring tool;
- Range ring tool;
- Events calendar regularly updated;
- View airfields in Google Maps;
- Print function;
- Entry requirements; and
- Info and tips on flying in Africa.