More than just a full colour moving map GPS!!
EasyCockpit is a comprehensive and sophisticated aeronautical navigation tool for pilots and a must for pre-flight planning and in-flight navigation. Initially developed in 2003 on a Windows Mobile platform, it is now available for Apple iOS (iPads/iPhones) as well as for Android Mobile devices. Designed to improve the pilots’ situational awareness, it boasts many other features with a unique extensive database of airfields and aeronautical data. Regular updates are easily accessed ensuring your airfield information and aeronautical data is never out of date; flying is safer, easier and more relaxing.
This superb software offers:
- Full Colour Moving Map with a high-resolution touch screen. EasyCockpit includes HSI and RMI needles and allows you to create “Abeam way-points”. Tapping the screen at any point shows instant distance and ETA display to that point. Topographical data include layers that can be switched on or off e.g. Airspace, Political Map, Compass Rose, Track Line, Range Rings and Glide Range rings. The display can be in Track Up or North Up mode. Elevation Display can either show Ground Elevation Data or Aircraft Height Above Ground;
- Extensive Airfield Information for Southern Africa includes communication and navigation frequencies, runway in formation, fuel availability and contact numbers, cautionary notes, sunrise/sunset times;
- Latest airspace data with reporting points and on screen view option;
- Direct-To Function allows quick changes to flight plan – e.g. diversion to nearby airfields in an emergency, showing distance and bearing to these points;
- Flight Log shows UTC time, flight time, present position, take-off time, waypoint ETAs and ETEs, distances and tracks
- Flight Planning can be done with EasyPlan on your desktop/laptop PC and copied or emailed to EasyCockpit on your phone or tablet. A flight log can also be created in EasyCockpit on the tablet or phone. The option to include Airspace Intersection will show the correct frequencies when entering an airspace.
- Track Recording enables you to record your flight, which can then be exported to EasyPlan or Google Earth for evaluation after your flight;
- Aircraft Weight & Balance for quick and easy calculation of your CoG;
- E6B Calculator allows for accurate and speedy calculations of density altitude, true airspeed, wind speed and direction;
- Audio Visual Warnings & Reminders include Terrain, Airspace and Obstacle warnings and reminders to Start Decent and/or Change Fuel Tanks;
- As an additional flight safety feature, a valid EasyWeather subscription allows downloads of weather radar/satellite/forecasts as overlays on the mapping data. This is provided by South African Weather Services and allows automatic downloading (if set up) and updating of real-time weather radar/satellite as overlays. This will show you the position of thunderstorms in increment weather conditions to assist you to make that important decision: go back, or find a way around the storm. The Wind forecasts which can be downloaded before flight, show wind speed, direction, temperature, cloud cover, humidity and dew point on a grid, giving you a good idea about weather conditions and whether you will have a head wind or tail wind at different flight levels;
- Free updates for one year
What you need to operate EasyCockpit:
- iPad (Wifi PLUS 3G) or iPhone for Apple iOS or Android tablet/phone from Android Mobile Version 4.2 onwards, all with Assisted GPS. There is no app available yet for Windows mobile OS.
- EasyCockpit uses satellites for navigation. If your iPad or tablet does not have a built-in GPS, you can use an external Bluetooth GPS receiver like the Garmin Glo.