Navigate with Garmin caliber GPS data on the mobile device of your choice. The GLO 2 receiver brings you the best of both worlds by combining GPS and GLONASS receivers with Bluetooth® wireless technology so you can enjoy precise position information on your iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ device. Up to 13 hours battery life.
The Accuracy of GPS and GLONASS
GLO 2 can receive position information from both the GPS and GLONASS satellite constellations, allowing it to connect to up to 24 more satellites than devices that rely on GPS alone. This allows GLO 2 to lock on to satellites approximately 20% faster and remain connected even at high speed. What’s more, GLO 2 updates its position information at 10 times per second; that’s up to 10 times more often than the GPS receivers in many mobile devices.
Physical & Performance
- Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 0.70” x 1.65” x 3.04” (1.78 x 4.19 x 7.72 cm)
- Weight: 2.12 oz (60.1 g)
- Receiver technology: GPS and GLONASS
- WAAS: yes
- Update rate: 10 Hz (iOS devices will not support a 10 Hz update rate)
- Accuracy: 3 meters
- Battery capacity: 1150mAh
- Battery life: 13 hours
- Hot start time: 3-5s
- Warm start time: 35s
- Cold start time: 60s
- Nominal operating velocity range: 0 – 800 kts (411 m/s)